Classic Cloth Dolls

A Doll Makers Blog

Monday, January 23, 2023

Walker wannabe




 Today is Jan 23rd 2023. This is the 4th day working on her.  Doll body arms and legs are done. So far about 15 hours time spent on her.

 I used the metal head as a mold for her head. I used Susan Fosnot's pattern for the body arms and legs.

I think her name is Charlotte. 

There are 3 layers in the mask. I used ridged wrap to make the mask.

One shoulder is lower than the other. I didn't notice until all stuffed. 

 I will adjust with rigid wrap when attaching the shoulder plate. To do the shoulder plate I wrapped her in plastic wrap.

It was easy to trim the shoulder plate to fit the doll.

Because the front and back are not the same at the shoulder I will add fiberfill to make it all fit. I will  then over lay another 3 strips of rigid wrap to fill in. 

It is sturdy but I will be adding Helen Pringles messy mix to the whole head before painting.


I will be adding paper clay to the face to achieve the final face shape.

She will be oil painted .I will post more pictures as she develops.











No comments:

Post a Comment