Classic Cloth Dolls

A Doll Makers Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

 3rd post. This was a long day. After 3 sets of legs and arms I am satisfied.

The first set was really good but to big for this doll. 

1st set I made bare foot but think boots will be better. 

2nd set, boot was to small leg not big enough around.

3rd set. The arms were stuffed to much made her have fat hands.

 Putting separate thumbs is not something I want to do again.

I will use what I did but really not satisfied with the look. Thumb pattern was to big. I sewed it on my machine using 1.8 stitch size.Much easier than when I hand stitched the first set.

Took stuffing out of thumb and ladder stitched it to a better size. Cut it much shorter.

Perhaps when I gesso I will shape them.


I will work on the face and detail to that tomorrow.

Before I do that I will clean this sewing room.I make such a mess when I work on a project like this.       I am satisfied.







No comments:

Post a Comment