Classic Cloth Dolls

A Doll Makers Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

 I thought about her hands and was going to try to make them more detailed then decided they are good enough.

This morning i started adding paper clay to fill in where the rigid wrap did not meet. It will be an all day process. Adding then letting dry to add more. When it is dry I will sand it to remove the imperfections I see in the pictures.

Taking pictures allows me to see better. Not sure why it looks ok then in picture I see what needs attention. She looks pretty good in the dark LOL. 

Not so good in the light but she will get better. I will work on her lips and nose. Forehead needs more rounding.

I am happy with the overall shape. May need a bit more on the back of her head. Time will tell.

The walker doll ears are ugly. i am going to make ears but not sure if they will be cloth or clay.


update Because I was not happy with the hands I ladder stitched along the wrists and fingers It is much better. Fingers are not so fat. The gesso and paint will hide the stitches. 












No comments:

Post a Comment