Classic Cloth Dolls

A Doll Makers Blog

Saturday, February 4, 2023

To see the progress you need to look at older posts. 

 I started this walker "wanna be" 12 days ago. I have worked on her at least 1-2 hours each day. Some days up to 5 hours.

 Izannah walker dolls were made in the 1800's .

I can not afford to buy one so like so many other dolls on my blog I do "wanna bee's"

I tried the acrylic on the doll. I stopped after just doing the basic shapes because I can see it is NOT going to work for me.

I have done my doll faces with oils and using acrylics is not going to work for me. I like the look and feel of working with oils. The acrylics dry to fast and they do not move like oils.

 It looked so bad -- I repainted it with an oil base coat. 

The oil will have to dry. 

It will take at least a week to dry. Then I will add detail. 

A walker doll was featured in a page of dolls, stamps.





No comments:

Post a Comment