Classic Cloth Dolls

A Doll Makers Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Ears and hands

 This morning I added paper clay to the ears to make them blend into the face instead of just being stuck on there. 

When I looked at her last night she reminded me of golem from the hobbit movie LOL

The fingers on the hands were not quite long enough so I added paper clay to them. Messed with this for over an hour. Hours in this girl are adding up.

When she is dry today I will apply the gesso and she will be ready to paint.

I'm not sure the back of her head is big enough but I am just done with making changes. She is what she is. I am ready to do her painting.


Her cloth covering is from a pair of cotton underwear. I used stiffy fabric stiffener to soak the cloth.It worked really well,. There was no need for the messy mix because the head is now very hard.





No comments:

Post a Comment