Classic Cloth Dolls

A Doll Makers Blog

Monday, February 20, 2023

Clothes done






 Making clothes for Charlotte has been trying. I worked on them for a couple of days. It takes some adjusting when there is no pattern.

I made the under slip to long.I made her under things from child's slip. When going through some things I found 3 pieces of clothing.

The slip was in bad shape to cut the best for the doll. I stitched it in one piece but was to bulky and to long when I got done. I cut the top away from the bottom and just made a camisole and a half slip so it was the right length. There was a lot of lace mending but turned out ok.

I had to adjust the darts in the bodice to make the blouse tighter.

I think I will make another top to go with the stripe skirt.

I will be able to paint the face and boots this coming week.





No comments:

Post a Comment